The Digital Marketing Statistics you need to Know in 2022
The digital marketing world is an ever-changing universe. And to make it easier for you to excel and be among the trendiest in the business as well as identifying new areas to focus on when developing an effective marketing strategy for your business, we have compiled a list of recent digital marketing statistics
Top Digital Marketing Facts
To begin, let’s go over some of the most important digital marketing statistics that will help shape your overall strategy, mind you these are important statistics to know no matter what industry you work in.
- Websites are the most popular marketing channel trailing only social media: A website has numerous advantages for any business. It serves as a traffic hub and can be used to share valuable, relationship-building content. As a result, it may come as a surprise that it ranked as the second most-used marketing channel, trailing only social media.
- The most in-demand services are digital advertising, content creation and curation: To get the job done, a marketing team must have a specific set of skills. The two most in-demand skills, according to a survey, are digital advertising (45%) and content creation and curation (42%).
- Marketers’ most popular tactic is social listening: Brands must monitor what others are saying about them online through social listening. This allows them to determine how receptive their target audience is to content, as well as other factors. This practice is an effective learning tool.
- The most popular social media platform is Facebook: Social media is likely to be an important component of your digital marketing strategy, so choose wisely where you invest your time. Facebook is the most popular platform, with 94% of B2B and B2C marketers worldwide using it. If your target audience is present, it’s a good indication that you should be as well.
- Mobile devices accounted for 60.9% of organic Google searches: Another thing to think about is how people are accessing your content. Based on the data it’s very likely through a phone or tablet. According to reports, mobile devices accounted for 60.9% of organic Google searches in the second quarter of 2021. Furthermore, mobile devices accounted for 55% of the global market share, with desktop trailing at 42%.
Statistics on the Growth of the Digital Marketing Industry
One of the industries that show no signs of slowing down is digital marketing. With each passing year, it appears that more and more brands are investing in their digital presence. Here’s a look at how the industry has recently grown:
- As the pandemic began, 87% of marketers increased their social media activity: The pandemic caused numerous changes to our world, but did you ever expect it to have an impact on the digital marketing industry? As the pandemic spread, 87% of marketers in the United States increased their social media activity. Furthermore, 65.6% specifically mentioned video content.
- 29.7% of Social Media Users Spent an Extra 1-2 Hours PER DAY on Social Media in March 2020: It wasn’t just brands that used social media more frequently during the pandemic. The average US user increased their social media time as well. In March 2020, Americans spent an extra hour or two per day on social media. Consumers spend an average of 4.2 hours per day on their mobile devices.
- Since 2016, video marketing has grown by 41%: There’s no denying that videos can help you connect with your audience on a more personal level. And the best part is that that video is now available in a variety of formats. With so many options, it’s no surprise that video marketing has grown by 41% since 2016.
Statistics on Digital Marketing for Business
Having a digital marketing strategy as a business is critical to your overall success. Marketing allows you to effectively target your ideal audience, make connections, and generate sales. And who wouldn’t want all of that? The following digital marketing statistics demonstrate how critical it can be for business owners:
- Consumers Expect a Personalized Experience, according to 85% of marketers: You’re not the only one that prefers brands that provide a personalized experience that is tailored to your needs and interests; according to research, 85% of marketers believe their customers expect them to provide a personalized experience.
- Businesses that excel at “lead nurturing” through inbound marketing increases sales by 50%: More sales always sound good, doesn’t it? It turns out that nurturing your leads through inbound marketing can increase your sales by 50%. You can accomplish this by creating content that is tailored to their needs and connecting with them through multiple content channels.
Digital Marketing vs. Traditional Marketing
Digital marketing refers to online marketing techniques, making use of social media, online advertising, and SEO. Traditional marketing, on the other hand, refers to broadcasting (TV and radio), print (newspapers and magazines), direct mail, and telemarketing:
- 56% of Customers Say Print Is the Most Trustworthy Type of Marketing: We may live in the digital age, but there is still a sizable population that values print. Print is the most trusted form of marketing, according to 56% of respondents.
- 39% of Customers Say They’d Try a Business for the First Time Because of a Direct Mail Advertisement: 39% of customers say they would try a new business because of a direct mail advertisement they received. These flyers can be mass-produced and distributed by mail.
- 49% of 18-29-year-olds said they made a purchase after seeing a social media ad: Alternatively, depending on who your target demographic is, it appears that social media ads may be the more effective option. 49% of consumers aged 18 to 29 have reported making a purchase after seeing a product advertised on social media.
Digital Marketing ROI Stats
The return on investment (ROI) for the actions you take in your business is what ultimately matters. You want to make sure you’re meeting your objectives, whether they’re traffic, engagement, or conversions. Everything you do should move you closer to achieving your long-term objectives:
- Using one or more digital marketing channels, 86% of marketers increased brand awareness: Putting your brand in the spotlight is the first step toward increasing engagement. After all, people must first get to know you! 86% of marketers reported that using one or more digital marketing channels increased brand awareness.
- 75% of marketers used digital marketing tactics to boost their company’s credibility and trust: People buy from brands they believe in, which is why you must first focus on developing a trusting relationship before expecting to generate sales. 75% of marketers said digital marketing tactics helped them increase the credibility and trust of their company.
- Approximately 80% of online shoppers have made a purchase after seeing a social media advertisement: Social media advertising is one aspect of digital marketing. While organically growing your online presence is a great way to go, running paid social media ads can help you get results faster. Because approximately 80% of online consumers have reported purchasing something through a social media ad, it demonstrates how effective they can be for increasing sales.
- 56% of marketers who blog believe it is an effective marketing strategy: Writing blog seems like it’s here to stay. 56% of marketers who use blogging as part of their marketing strategy believe it is an effective tactic. When compared to their overall strategy, 10% believe that their blog generates the highest return on investment.
Statistics on Digital Marketing Jobs
With the rise of digital marketing, it’s no surprise that more businesses are beginning to hire a dedicated team for this role, ask us, we’re the experts. As a result, there is a high demand for people with a background or education in this field so that companies can hire the best team possible. These digital marketing statistics for jobs will help you better understand this career field:
- 61% of companies polled intend to hire more digital marketers: Here’s proof that businesses are looking for the best digital marketers! According to a 2019 survey, 61% of businesses planned to hire more digital marketers that year. That number has most likely increased in the last few years, as it has become more common to have a dedicated team ready and capable of tackling a company’s marketing plan.
- Most content marketing teams have 2-5 team members on average: Companies appear to prefer keeping their marketing teams small and intimate, according to the Content Marketing Institute. Even in large corporations with over 1,000 employees, most content marketing teams consist of only two to five people. After all, it’s more about the team members’ skills and how effective they are at their jobs.
- At least one content marketing activity is outsourced by 50% of B2B marketing teams: 50% of B2B marketing teams outsource at least one content marketing activity. 47% of companies interviewed said they would like to hire a remote marketing candidate. Companies are open to team members working from home, which means they can easily outsource to freelancers.
- Those with 4-10 years of experience fill 40% of digital marketing roles: Companies prefer to hire team members who have prior job experience and are confident in their abilities. As a result, 40% of digital marketing roles are filled by professionals with 4-10 years of experience. Don’t give up on those who are trying to break into this industry. There are numerous options for getting started.
Making Use of These Digital Marketing Statistics
The above prepared data helps you shape your marketing strategy for the coming year in order to increase awareness and generate conversions. Staying up to date on changes in the digital marketing industry allows you to easily adjust your strategy based on what works and the needs of your target audience. But hiring a company with a wide knowledge and expertise in this field has proven to be a fast and effective for your businesses. Get in touch today and book your consultation session for a winning strategy and fast results.
Get in touch today and check our offers TODAY
WhatsApp Business support chat box
Recommended reads: The IT digital trends to watch for in 2022 – better’fly lebanon – digital marketing agency (betterflylb.com)